Thursday 31 March 2011

Additional Dialogue Scene

We are currently in the editing process of our short film. We had expected the train station scene to be longer as we had recorded some dialogue between Lucas and Grace which took place on the platform during this scene. However, as we are now using split screen to juxtapose the 2 parallel lives, we have had to cut this dialogue from our film. Instead, we have planned to include a short scene outside the train station where Lucas will have a quick chat to his old friend. Hopefully this will help to make our film more understandable to our demograph, as when scripting this dialogue we tried to make subtle references to a successful career life and a family life, hence implying the parallel lives incorporated in our short film.
Below is the script for this extra scene:
OUTSIDE THE TRAIN STATION – LUCAS RUNS INTO HIS OLD FRIEND.
FRIEND: You alright mate, ain’t seen you in a while, how’s things since the redundancy?  
LUCAS: Yeah not too bad thanks, I’m actually on the way to a job interview now, how’s things been with you?
F: well I’m still looking, haven’t found the right job yet but you know it’s been nice having some time off with the missus and kids.
L: Yeah I’m sure something will come up and I bet your kids have loved having you around, I guess I’m lucky I’ve only got to look after me.
F: Oh I bet it won’t be long till you have your own family, once you’ve met the right girl that is.
L: Yeah I hope so. 
F: Anyway, take care mate, don’t want you to miss your interview.
L: Yeah thanks, mate, cya soon, hope it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment